Thursday, March 10, 2011

Disease and Raw Food

Disease and Raw Foods.
Maybe you’re wondering if I’m making a pitch here for eating a raw hamburger? Or, maybe I’m making a pitch to eat nothing but cooked foods? You’d be closer to right about the raw hamburger, but, I don’t recommend raw meat. If you’re going to eat meat cook it because generally you don’t have any control over what took place during the raising and butchering processes. Eating raw meat is probably a good way to get really sick.
I wrote about heartburn yesterday and said I’d make some suggestions. This is from my own experience: I don’t get heartburn from the raw foods I eat. I don’t remember eating any raw foods that caused me to have heartburn and if it did I avoid eating what gives me that disease. I don’t like taking pills that only treat the symptom and don’t address the cause.
Raw foods are boring!
They sure can be. Let’s ask ourselves a question: Is it better to be bored eating raw carrots of temporarily happy eating something that causes long term disease? Consider this: your attraction to cooked foods may bring you long term physical discomfort compounded by prolonged visits to the doctors office or the hospital in an attempt to fix what you’ve done to yourself; not to mention the financial drain it may have on you or the country in general. We don’t live in a vacuum where our actions are isolated from the world around us. Others suffer with you when you suffer.
There are numerous books written on how to prepare tasty raw food that doesn’t require cooking. It’s a matter of making up your mind that eating raw food is better than eating cooked food.
Are Raw Foods Really Good For Us?
I realize that there is controversy over this subject of raw vs cooked food. Even the prestigious Reader’s Digest prints articles proclaiming that cooked food may be better for us. Why? It’s the opinion of cooked food proponents that say that cooked food is easier to digest than raw food. Is this true?
Maybe we can apply some logic to the question. First, does cooking food change the nature of the food? The answer to that is yes it does. Cooking denatures food. Denatured simply means that the thing is no longer in it’s natural form.
Second, what does the body require? Well, I’d have to say it requires natural foods to thrive. Cooking is an artificial process that requires heating and denaturing food. If we evolved we probably started out eating raw food and that’s what our bodies evolved around; raw food. If we were created we probably were designed to survive off of raw food. The breast was never equipped with pasteurizing mechanisms.
That should tell us something. If you believe in creation you probably don’t read anything in your bible where the Creator instructed the first two people on how to use the microwave or the stove. There’s no mention about cooking to begin with. I think that if you believe in cooking that what you might really be saying is that the evolution process or the creation process produced physical bodies that lack the ability to function properly in the environments that they developed in. To me this begs the question of evolution as a superior process. And it could be an insult if you think the Creator was deficient when he made the body and that now we need cooked food to survive and thrive. These are only my opinions of course.
Another issue is the one of nutrients.
I don’t think many people will argue that many nutrients are lost in the processing and cooking of food. Wheat that is ground and bleached has to be fortified the same way many of the packaged foods are or there wouldn’t be any nutrient value to it. The food manufacturers fortify their foods with artificially produced vitamins because they are cheap. This fortification process should be a clue to us that the food manufacturers know they have destroyed the nutrient value of the food. They are guilty. If we revisit the evolution or creation issues we can ask the same thing: aren’t the vitamins, enzymes and minerals naturally found in raw foods superior to artificially created nutrients?
Is the heartburn you experience from food, whether it’s cooked or not, caused from the inability to digest what has been eaten? I believe so. It takes enzymes to properly digest food. Many of the foods we eat contain enzymes that are lost due to processing, cooking, premature harvest and from sitting on the shelf too long. So we may eat raw food from the supermarket that lacks the nutrients we need because it was harvested too early or because it sat around too long. Then we might end up with heartburn because the food and our bodies lack the enzymes necessary to properly digest it. This inability to digest food because of lost enzymes may be the very reason that so many feel that cooked food is superior to raw food.
What’s the point of all of this?
We already know what disease is; that it’s the body’s way of telling us something is wrong. I feel sorry for anyone who has resigned themselves to the idea that growing older is synonymous with becoming diseased. Granted, we have to die but does that mean it has to be due to cancer, heart disease or some other gruesome problem? Does everybody die with some gruesome disease?
No, they don’t. So my next question is: if some don’t die with a gruesome disease why can’t we all die easy? I believe we can. I feel that the body will just shut itself off when it’s time. No prolonged pain or suffering, just a quick and easy passing. I’ve even seen evidence that some people are capable of determining the point of their own death. Kind of like they just decide it’s time. I’ve seen it happen to people who just seem to give up. Maybe that’s where the saying about “gave up the ghost” came from?
Why should it matter how you or I die?
I can flippantly say that it doesn’t matter to me how you die. I can say that it’s your business if you want to experience a painful and prolonged death. I won’t feel it.
Remember: we don’t exist in a vacuum. Your or my suffering has to be shared. It’s expensive to die a prolonged death in the hospital. I realize that we will always need doctors, nurses and medical facilities but, wouldn’t it be better to put more of that money toward other causes, like improved housing or buying nice gifts for everybody?
Then there’s the issue of people who love us. I don’t now of anybody who truly loves me that wants to watch me die a protracted painful death. If that’s love I don’t want it. So maybe the real issue is not the length of life but the quality of life?
We might die from some kind of trauma and that’s where doctors shine the greatest. I want the best doctor to put me back together if I get hurt in an accident. But, why choose the hard long painful way of dying if there is an alternative? Look around you. Isn’t there an awful lot of suffering out there? Ask yourself why and then look for the answer. Is the answer I’m offering the right one? I think we owe it to ourselves to find out.
So?
If our well being is linked to what we eat, then wouldn’t it be better to find the best food we can eat? Since time and processing are the biggest destroyers of nutrition wouldn’t it be better to pick it and eat it right away; even if you feel that you have to cook the food? Don’t have time to garden? This is where we can help each other. There are gardening systems that while they have to be initially set up, they don’t have to require as much energy and time as you think. My theory is that you’re going to spend that time gardening anyway: producing an income to pay the doctor or just spending the time in the doctor’s office or hospital. Stay out of there, eat healthy. Also you’re going to be spending the time gardening in the form of fuel and time going to the store to buy your food. Spend less time in the store where you’re getting questionable quality food and spend it in the garden. The Food4Wealth system of gardening is well worth every penny and every minute you’ll spend getting it set up and running. The time you spend now will be time you can use for other better purposes later. 
 Click this link -->http://3518a6l7tbyk0ucahbtsas8ney.hop.clickbank.net/ Click Here!
Katrael